The current version of Xperia ray firmware is 4.0.2.a.0.62 which is very hard to root. There are some wired ways of rooting the firmware but most of the users get a brick as the process itself is complicated for a average user. The best way is to switch back to 4.0.2.a.0.42 and moreover, 4.0.2.a.0.62 isn’t a very important update.
Another big advantage of this method is that you don’t need to unlock bootloader before trying to root. It will be taken care off during the process.
If you are already on 4.0.2.a.0.42 build
- Download this file and extract it with help of WinRar.
- Connect Phone to USB. Make sure you have Unknown Resources (Settings > Applications > Unknown Resources) and USB Debugging (Settings > Applications > Unknown Resources > Development > USB Debugging) checked or say, on.
- Now, execute “RUNME.bat” inside the folder you extracted at no 1.
- Follow the instruction that is being displayed.
- The phone will be rebooted and yup, it’s now rooted.
If your device wasn’t detected it means that you don’t have the drivers installed properly. Download this file from here and install all the required drivers.
Please, share it with others as more sharing will result in more discussion and engagement among xperia ray users.
Go to our page of Xperia Ray Specifications where you can find further tutorials and downloads on Xperia Ray.