Facebook has launched its existing app center for users with Android, iOS and Web. The experience can be personalized with a user customized dashboard which will help you to discover apps according to your previous likings and will be linked via your Facebook account.
There are 600 apps available at launch and Facebook is hoping to attract more developers for contribution. Some of these apps include Nike+ GPS, Ubisoft Ghost Recon Commander, Stitcher Radio, Draw Something and Pinterest. Facebook has thrown some pretty serious numbers;
- More than 230 million people play games on Facebook every month
- More than 130 games on Facebook have more than 1 million monthly active users.
- More than 4,500 timeline apps have launched since f8 in September 2011.
- Facebook drove people to the Apple App Store 83 million times in May.
- Facebook drove people to iOS apps 134 million times in May (someone who already has the app and is directed back to it from Facebook.)
- As of May, seven of the top 10 grossing iOS apps and six of the top 10 Android apps have integrated with Facebook.
Facebook already hosts a large number of apps which are web-centric. However, giving it a form closer to that of Android and iOS might not very fruitful. Also, there are reports that Facebook is launching a phone and it might again give a boost to that existing rumor in the the world of speculations.