The upcoming Windows 8 from Microsoft brings one of the more radical changes ever seen. It is not the metro user interface that I am talking about as user Interface always changed from one version of Windows to another, it’s getting rid of the start menu altogether.
Microsoft is definitely not in a mood to provide any alternative for a user to use the classic menu that we are so familiar with Windows. Also, there is definitely a debate whether this change is good for a Windows user or bad.
Though, there are third party developers providing software which can be used to get the familiar classic start menu in Windows 8. Here, we introduce the way that will allow you to bring back the classic start menu.
Start 8 : Download it from here.
This software has been developed by Stardock, the name that is familiar with the customization of Windows, since Windows Xp. Below are the official features of the software;
- Windows 7 style Start menu with Windows 8 enhancements
- Users can search for Windows 8-style (Metro) apps with it
- Users can pin desktop and Metro apps
- Full support for Jump Lists
- Unified Search
- Users can boot directly to the Windows 8 desktop
- Fast access to shutdown, devices, music, documents, videos
- Automatically matches color to the color of the taskbar
- The start button is now skinnable
- Optionally disable the desktop “hot spots”
- Supports WindowFX 5.1 startmenu animations “currently in beta”
- The Windows 8 Start screen becomes accessible from the Start menu
- Start menu size fully configurable
- Adds option for WinKey to show Fullscreen Metro desktop
In coming days, we will update you more about the choices that you can check, as it’s just the start now.