Sony Xperia Ray is a very capable device which is very pocket-friendly, provides good battery backup and has decent specifications to it’s credit. The device though is not very good for high-end gaming. Here we are sharing the way to get maximum performance from your device for gaming.
We are just sharing the steps on what doing it, and not necessarily on how to do it. Though, we are giving you the links to other forums hosting the credible information on ways to do it.
Note: Don’t upgrade to ICS if you want to have the best experience on your Xperia Ray. I have tested ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) on my device , and never found the desired experience. Select Gingerbread, it’s fast and that’s the sole reason for me sticking to Gingerbread over the ICS. If you have upgraded Xperia Ray to ICS, here is how to downgrade to gingerbread.
1. Unlock your bootloader and Root your Xperia Ray.
2. Remove Crap bloatware. (As you have rooted your phone, this gives you the access to the file system of the phone from where you can delete unwanted services and apps.) Make sure you make a backup of the directory, it helps if you need to restore the app again, just copy and paste it into the directory from where you deleted the app. Go here if you want to see which app you can remove.
3. Install a kernel with overclock support (Use Aire kernel).
4) Use Chainfire 3D to play not supported games like Tegra games
- Download Chainfire 3D from here (Google Play Link).
- Open Chainfire 3D
- Allow root access
- Install Chainfire 3D drivers
- Download Nvidia Tegra plugin from here, and transfer it to your device. Open the app and scan for plugins, install them now.
5. Install Rom Toolbox pro. (Purchase it from Google play or google it for the crack version).
- Open Rom Toolbox Pro.
- Go to Performance > CPU Control.
- Select Max: 1401 MHz and Governor: Performance. (Tip: You can also bring down the processor speed and use it to save battery power when not required.) If you want to further understand the way these governors work, see this post.
- Downgrade Xperia Ray from ICS to Gingerbread (Unlock Bootloader + Root + CWM)
- Unlock Bootloader, root and CWM Xperia Ray running on Android 2.3.x (Gingerbread)
- Unlock Bootloader/ root and CWM Xperia ray running on Android 4.0.3 (ICS)
- Install Android 4.0.3, unlock Bootloader, root it, and CWM the Sony Xperia Ray
- Install Sony Walkman Music Player with Beats Audio [ Neo V | Neo | Arc/Arc S | Ray | Pro | Play ] – ICS
- Install Beats Audio on any phone with Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)