- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- New Sense UI
- System bar enhancements to easily view recent apps.
- Re-sizeable widgets
- Lock screen actions including pull down notifications and adjust volume while device is locked.
- Data usage controls.
- Face Unlock
- Home screen folders
- Improved battery life
- Improved text input and spell checking
- Improved menu structure
- OTA or Manual update
- Device software is not rooted
- More than 50% battery life
- Data or Wi-Fi connection
You will automatically receive an update notification about the availability of the update, the only required thing is presence of Internet connectivity on your handset. If you aren’t getting the notification, you can check manually by going to Menu > settings > about phone > check for updates.
If you still not getting the update notification, don’t worry, try it later as this is a common scene during the early stages of roll-out.
Before going for this released Android update, we recommend two things :
- Look to completely charge-up your device battery as you won’t like your device switching off in-between the update process.
- Also, try to back-up your messages, contacts, application settings and whatever you can. If something goes wrong, this little step can save you from a lot of headache.