By reading this post, you can install Android 2.3.4 on T-Mobile G2. Below are things that you can generally expect with this new update of Android 2.3 :
- Better battery management increasing battery life of the handset
- Improved on-screen keyboard with multi-touch keypad
- New user interface enhancements
- More responsive menus
- better copy / paste functionality
- bug fixes from earlier release bringing more performance and stability.
Before going for this update, we always recommend two things :
- Look to completely charge-up your device battery as you won’t like your device switching off in-between the update process.See this post on backing up your Android phone.
- Also, try to back-up your messages, contacts, application settings and whatever you can. If something goes wrong, this little step can save you from a lot of headache.
Below is the tutorial on installing Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) on T-Mobile G2
- Download the 2.3.4 update for the G2 here.
- Once downloaded, place it on the root of your SD card (not in any folders). Don’t rename, just place it there.
- Turn off your phone and boot into bootloader (press and hold the power button and volume down at the same time).
- Once the bootloader is up you should see the “PC10IMG” getting scanned.
- Wait for the phone to finish scanning the file. If done correctly the phone will ask if you want to update.
- Press volume up to confirm and give it a few minutes for the update to get installed.
- Once the update has been successfully installed, the phone will ask to press the power button to reboot.
- The update is complete. Go to menu > settings > about phone to see the installed version.
Hope, the above info was helpful. Please share it via a tweet or Google Plus.