Android 4 (Ice cream Sandwich) is the new avatar that is hitting the devices and if you own a Desire S or Desire HD, we are today sharing a tutorial where you can install the ROM of HTC One V. There isn’t much difference between the ROM’S for these devices and thus, a developer has successfully managed to flash the ROM of HTC One V on Desire S or Desire HD. However, as of now the camera, hotspot and few things don’t work but developers are trying to fix the stuff, and hopefully in few days or so, you should get the full functionality as desired by a users.
We are just sharing the way that has benefited many users in getting more additional cool stuff (HTC Sense 4), and thus we neither take credibility nor responsibility if you lose your data.
Below is the procedure;
- Download the flashable .zip file from here (Download links are at the end of the post).
- Copy it directly under /sdcard directory on your Desire S or Desire HD.
- Switch your device off.
- During restart, Press and hold the Volume Up + Power buttons until you get into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Opt for a nandroid backup.
- From main menu, do a (wipe data/) factory reset, wipe cache partition and from advanced menu, wipe Dalvik cache. This ensures that the data is fresh and doesn’t create any discrepancy in desired functioning.
- Once again, go back to main menu. Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the .zip file you placed in sdcard.
- After flashing is complete, choose reboot system now.
That’s done and if you have done the things properly, you will have a new sizzling ROM at your exposure. The work is a continuous progress and we will keep updating you about the on-going in future too and thus, we ask you stay in touch with us Facebook or any other way. If it worked for you, we ask you to share the work with others and popularize the work.