Below is the way to install Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) on Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray;
- Download Flash tool from here (go to installation tab).
- Download Android 4.0.3 – Build 4.1.A.0.562 from here.
1. Install Flashtool. The default installation location is (C:\Flashtool)
2. Also install the driver package found under ‘C:\Flashtool\drivers’ if you don’t have already (select pro-ray adb drivers, flashmode drivers and fastboot drivers).
3. Unzip the file downloaded at 2nd requirement and place it under ‘C:\Flashtool\firmwares’.
4. Open Flashtool, click Flash sign and select ‘Flashmode’. (See the screenshot above)
5. Select ST18i and click OK (See the screenshot above).
6. Follow on-screen instruction (unplug it from USB, power off, press volume- and not the back button, plug the USB cable) and you will have Android 4 (ICS) on the phone.
Unlock bootloader and Root of Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray
- Download the zip file from here. (Source)
- Connect Phone to USB (Make sure you have checked ‘Install unknown resources + USB debugging + Screen awake + activate Mass storage mode).
- Execute “RUNME.bat” inside the folder you extracted at no 1.
- Follow the instruction that is being displayed. The phone will restart a few times asking you to press any key on ‘PC’.
- The phone will be rebooted and it’s bootloader unlocked and rooted.
Install Busybox and CWM Recovery on Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Install BusyBox Free from STEricsson from here (Gogole Play link). Open the app on your phone, and install it.
- Download the SE Tweak Installer from here (XDA Forum page attachment).
- Connect your phone via USB.
- Run the SE Tweak Installer, select the device type to the Ray one (Make sure in Settings, you have checked ‘Install unknown resources + USB debugging + Screen awake + activate Mass storage mode)
- Press Install and follow the asked steps.
- Check Auto Reboot if you want to test right away (while reboot, press volume+ key multiple times.
If you have followed the tutorial carefully, you will have the Sony Ericsson Xperia ray with Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) + unlocked bootloader and root + Busybox and CWM recovery installed.
We have tried to present a simple tutorial. The methods aren’t created by me and I have just shared the stuff.