We are sharing a tutorial posted at XDA for installation of CyanogenMod 9 on a Samsung Galaxy S Plus. This isn’t created by us and we are just sharing it. This version of CyanogenMod is still buggy and few things such as Camera, USB tethering and FM Radio isn’t working properly. However, if you like to experiment, learn and see things before the rest, then proceed with the installation.
Download CM9 and gapps-ics zips and put in /sdcard
- gapps UPGRADE REQUIRED gapps version 20120429 MD5SUM: 7c524e1e078164f681e0aa6753180b2c
- Please verify the md5sum to be sure you got the right one.
Before you install CM9: Preparation (First three are optional. If you want to start fresh, these can be skipped)
- Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
- Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and back up your SMS history.
- Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and back up your call log history.
- Boot into CWM5 recovery. Make a full backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
WARNING: Many apps will Force Close crash if you restore data from a previous ROM.
- Use CWM5.
For flashing with Odin: recovery-clockwork-126.96.36.199-ariesve.tar.md5
For using dd command to flash: recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-ariesve.zip Warning: Only use this recovery to flash CM9. Otherwise, you risk bricking your phone!
- Wipe data and cache.
- Flash update*.zip.
- Flash gapps*.zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade to CM9 since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
- Reboot phone.
- After you setup your Google account, reinstall the three apps from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.
Source - XDA