The Sony Walkman music player is available in 2012 Xperia devices, however the developers have successfully ported it to 2011 Xperia devices with little more such as beats audio sound processing.
The music player is capable of punchy bass beats with help of Sony’s proprietary technology called Clear Bass+, there are also few surround effects which are felt while listening by plugging a headphone, the player changes color to mimic the album art, and lastly it features a five band equalizer.
Coming from Sony, there are more things likeable about the player than not to like. Also, you will get the beats audio sound rendering technology after the installation. There are many who swear by the Beats, check it yourself to see the difference.
Your device should be rooted + CWM
1. Download Sony Walkman music player from here.
2. Place it in on your SD Card.
3. Switch off your phone, reboot and enter CWM by pressing various keys during the booting of the phone [Key combinations vary for devices], For Xperia Ray, its pressing [ volume - ] key multiple times after the logo is displayed.
4. Now, select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’.
5. Browse the downloaded zip and install it.
6. Now, go to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
7. Reboot the device and enjoy the music.