Sprint, the national carrier in the United States has released the Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) update for the HTC EVO 4G LTE phone. The update has been in the initial stages of roll-out, but many have confirmed availing the update in the country.
The ICS release for HTC EVO 4G LTE has been made available as OTA (Over-the-air) download. In general, you will get an update notification of the availability of the update via push message, whenever your device is online. However, if for some reason you are not getting the availability of the new update message, go to Settings > About Phone > Check for updates to check manually.
What’s new in the update;
- Most of the stuff that Google introduced with the Android 4.0.4 release.
- New Sense UI, released version now reads as 4.1
- Improved data management and lots of bug fixes for giving desired stability to the handset.
Before going to install the ICS update on HTC EVO 4G LTE, we recommend you to perform two things;
- Make sure you have a backup of your application settings, messages and contacts on your phone. There are dedicated apps available on Google play, which will easily allow you to backup your data on SD card. This small step can save you from a lot of headache if something goes wrong during the update, and you have to do a complete fresh install.
- Also, look to charge-up your device as you won’t like to see your phone getting switched off in-between the update process.