Butterfly X920D is one of the new flagship from HTC with a very powerful hardware that is running inside it. To extract most of the functionality out of the phone, you need to root the device. Rooting allows you to access the file system of the phone, allowing you to make modifications by yourself or with help of mods created by others. There are also some apps which require root to provide full functionality.
Note: Rooting Android device voids Manufacturer warranty. So, do it when you understand what you are doing.
- TWRP Recovery Installer (Windows only)
- Root package
- Get your bootloader unlocked from HT’C's Dev web site
Install TWRP on your phone
1. Extract TWRP recovery installer to a folder, search for ‘Start Here’ and launch the command prompt.
2. Type “adb reboot bootloader” to enter into bootloader mode.
3. As the phone enters fastboot mode, type the “fastboot flash recovery recovery. img” command.
4. Now to reboot, type “fastboot reboot”.
Below is how root HTC Butterfly X920D
- Copy your downloaded ‘Root Package’ file to your SD card.
- Reboot your phone into bootloader mode, and select Recovery mode.
- Tap the ‘Install’ button, browse for the ‘Root Package’ file and Install it.
- Once installation is done, reboot your phone.
- That’s done. If you have followed the instructions carefully, you have a phone will root + twrp installed.
If you have followed the instructions carefully, you now have a phone which rooted + TWRP installed.