A couple of days ago, we reported about a timer that was set-up on Facebook by Sony highlighting the upcoming announcement of a new Xperia Phone. The timer had the functionality of ‘Fast Forward’ which would allow any visiting person to cut down few seconds or minutes and make the Sony announce earlier than planned 10 days.
Sony has now released a video trailer of the upcoming Xperia device. The upcoming Xperia device will be called ‘Xperia Miro’ and what we can make out from the video posted on YouTube is that it will have a 5MP rear camera and a front facing camera for web-chat. The other details are very narrow or doesn’t exist.
However, the video of Xperia Miro does go on to say that it’s not a premium device. Sony Xperia Miro will compete in the high-end budget segment and won’t feature dual-core or quad-core processor. We expect it to possess a single-core 1 GHz processor and will be made available with Android 4 (ICS) from launch.
In the video, it was clear that the Xperia Miro doesn’t have the transparent element introduced in the Xperia P, S and U. We will update you as more information comes in.
Related Posts (Timeline – Sony);
- Sony launches Photo album app called ‘million moments’ for iOS and Android
- Sony Xperia Mini Pro gets Android 4 (ICS) update
- Sony renames PlayStation Suite to PlayStation Mobile, HTC phones will be PlayStation certified
- Sony releases Android 4.0.4 ICS update for Xperia Pro, Arc S, Neo V and Ray
- Sony launches Music Streaming Unlimited Service iPhone app