Sprint has released a new software update for users of HTC EVO Shift 4G. The new software update is being made available over OTA (Over the air). You will automatically receive an update notification about the availability of the update from Feb. 7. The only required thing for you is to be Internet connectivity.
To get the update right now on your handset, go to Settings> About Phone> Check for update. We will ask you to preferentially go for a Wi-Fi network for updating your phone.
Below are notable changes of the pushed update:
- Fixing of few bugs closing down few security loop-holes.
- Updated Peep client for Twitter.
- Battery life improvements.
Before going for this update, we always recommend two things :
- Look to completely charge-up your device battery as you won’t like your HTC EVO Shift 4G switching off in-between the update process.
- Also, try to back-up your messages, contacts, application settings and whatever you can. If something goes wrong, this little step can save you from a lot of headache.
Hit the official source to find more information of the HTC EVO Shift 4G update from Sprint.