Sprint has released the Android 4 (ICS) for users of Nexus S 4G. Though, the update was initially released on February, it was soon withdrawn due of finding of few bugs and thus was nowhere to be found. The update has again made mainstream highlighting that the found issues are fixed. Below is a brief of the update;
- Customizable favorite’s tray is now visible on all 5 home screens,
- contacts application has been replaced with People app which brings greater syncing of data among other apps.
- better multitasking among apps.
- create folders on the home screen
- new lock screen actions (bring camera, other apps) as was officially introduced by Google
- dismiss individual notifications with a simple swipe
- new app to monitor and manage user data
- several camera enhancements (panoramic photos, continuous focus, zero shutter lag exposure, stabilized image zoom and decreased shot-to-shot speed)
- lots of bug fixes giving more desired stability and performance to the handset.
The update has been released as OTA (over-the-air) download. You will automatically receive an update notification about the availability of the update, the only required thing is the presence of Internet connectivity on your handset. If you aren’t getting the notification, you can check manually by going to Menu > settings > about phone > check for updates.
Before going for this update, we always recommend two things :
- Look to completely charge-up your device battery as you won’t like your device switching off in-between the update process.
- Also, try to back-up your messages, contacts, application settings and whatever you can. If something goes wrong, this little step can save you from a lot of headache.
The Instructions are easy, just download and update, however, further instructions on installing the update can be found here.