T-Mobile has started pushing the Tango update for users of Nokia Lumia 710. The update has been pushed as OTA (over-the-air) and is available as I write this post. The released update stands as version 7.10.8773.
Users will automatically be notified about the availability of the update, the only required thing for your device is the presence of Internet connectivity of your device. The other way to install the update is via Zune desktop software.
Below are the reported fixes that are being pushed with the update;
- Bug fixes giving more desired stability and performance of the handset, it isn’t that the handset is slow.
- Addition of tethering hotspot,
- Better uplink speed,
- Improvement in camera quality,
- Fixation of proximity sensor issues,
- The issue of on-screen keyboard disappearing,
- Unlocking home screen issues.
The update may take a while before you start getting the update notification. So, don’t panic if you aren’t getting the update notification. This is a common scenario during the early stages of rolling out an update.
We wish that Microsoft does more with their Windows Phone OS as it seriously lagging behind Android and iOS. There is nothing against the Windows Phone OS, it’s just that the earlier mentioned two operating systems are moving too fast for Windows Phone to catch up.