Rooting your Micromax A110 Canvas 2 will give you access to system folders inside OS allowing you to make modifications. After rooting, you can install CWM to install custom ROM’s, MOD’s and so on. However, rooting your phone voids warranty.
Below is how to root Micromax A110 Canvas 2.
1. Download the Unlocking zip file from here. (You will need to a Windows 7/Vista/ XP PC).
2. On your phone, go to the Settings > Applications > Development and enable USB debugging.
3. Connect your phone via USB cable to PC. (If you haven’t installed the drivers, let they be installed automatically upon detection by Windows).
4. Now, change the mode of your Micromax A110 Canvas 2 from USB storage to Media Device.
5. Extract the earlier downloaded zip file, and find ‘runrunme.bat’. Now, run it.
6. Select Option 1 to root your Android phone.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions, and you will be greeted with the success notification as ‘Have Fun’. Restart your phone and check for the presence of ‘SuperUser’ or ‘SuperSu’ for confirmation.