This tutorial hasn’t been created by me, I am just sharing it from a forum. Also, remember that unlocking bootloader/ rooting voids warranty but it also gives you wealth of other goodies such as installing custom ROM’s, remove bloatware, apps related to call filter and messages work more efficiently among others.
To unlock your EVO 3D GSM Hboot 1.49.0011
- Register at http://htcdev.com
- Follow on-screen instructions and you can unlock your EVO 3D.
To install CWM (Required to install custom ROM’s and other files)
- Download Revolutionary shutteru CWM recovery from here
- Reboot device in bootloader mode > fastboot > plug in usb cable until u see FASTBOOT USB on device screen
- Now in adb type : fastboot flash recovery cwm-22.214.171.124-shooteru.img
- That’s Done.
Now, to root the device;
- Download “kamma-root_cwm.zip” from here. (Original Forum)
- Copy it to sdcard
- Reboot into recovery
- Click “install zip from sdcard” (use external volume keys to browse)
- Choose ”kamma-root_cwm.zip” from sdcard and click install.
If you have followed all the steps correctly, you will have HTC Evo 3D as Bootloader Unlocked + CWM recovery + S-ON.
More information can be found here.