Verizon has released the Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) update for users of Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7. The released software update has been serialized as SW i815.lP10. The software update has been available as an OTA (over-the-air) release, that means you can directly install the update without the need of a PC. The software update instructions can be found here.
Below is the official change-log of the released update;
- New Home Screen layout: widget tab has been added
- Data Usage: monitor data usage levels all in one place
- Redesigned Gallery App: more ways to sort albums by time, location, people, tags
- Face Unlock Feature
- Updated Music App
- Desktop View added to the Internet browser
- Improved email search with additional options.
- Updated quick panel.
- New features in Email composer.
- Pinch to Zoom in homescreen and main screen.
Before getting into the update process, below are the few precautions that we would ask you to take.
- Look to make a backup of your data, application settings and whatever if you can. There are dedicated apps available in the Google play to help you to do the complete backups. This small step can help you from a lot of headache if something goes wrong.
- Also, make sure that you have enough battery charge (50% recommended) on your device to sustain the process of updating the device.
Source – Verizon