The rumors were already at various forums about the possibility of Verizon fixing few stuffs on Wi-Fi version of Motorola Xoom and it turns that the carrier has released a new Android 4.0.4 update for the device. Below is the changlelog of the pushed update;
- Quicker screen rotation;
- A new setting to choose whether the power button immediately locks the device or not;
- Microsoft Exchange improvements with additional EAS policies;
- Better phone number recognition;
- Camera and image quality improvements;
- Improved stability.
The update can be downloaded over OTA (over-the-air). You will automatically receive an update notification about the availability of the update; the only required thing is presence of Internet connectivity on your handset. If you aren’t getting the notification, you can check manually by going to Menu > settings > about phone > check for updates. If you still not getting the update notification don’t worry, try it later as this is a common scene during the early stages of roll-out.
Before going for this update, we always recommend two things :
- Look to completely charge-up your device battery as you won’t like your device switching off in-between the update process.
- Also, try to back-up your messages, contacts, application settings and whatever you can. If something goes wrong, this little step can save you from a lot of headache.